Do you want to create a website? But you do not have a domain name and a hosting plan. Don’t worry, here is a solution. We can develop a WordPress site using the XAMPP server and host all the files on our PC.
Please download and install XAMPP Localhost before following the below steps.
- Download the latest version of WordPress from the link https://wordpress.org/download/
- Extract the downloaded zip file.
- Step 3: Move the extracted file to C:\xampp\htdocs folder under xampp(Local Server)
- Double click on the Xampp program and start the program.
- Start the Apache and MySQL server by clicking on the start button.
6. Open browser and enter the url as localhost/<folder-name>
In my case localhost/website_demo
7. You will see a screen like this. Select your preferred language from the dropdown and click continue.
8. Before clicking on let’s go! Button, we have to create a database for our website
9. To create a database, Go to www.localhost/phpmyadmin and click on new
10. After clicking on you will get the following screen
11. Enter the database name, and select collation as utf8mb4_unicode_ci and click on create to create a database.
12. Now click on Let’s go button which you have seen in step 7.
13. Enter the database connection details. By default the username is root and password is left blank. After entering all the details click on continue
14. Click on run installation
15. You will see the following screen
Enter the site title, User name, and password for the website (this is for login to admin dashboard). Click on Install WordPress to complete your installation.